Copyright (c) 2014 by Sheila Adams Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Sheila Adams -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Science - Sheila Adams-

Ms. Adams' Blog

This space is for sharing information, links, and activities for 7th grade science at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, USA. Student blogs are located at http://tinyurl.com/7thblog or http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=266813

by Sheila Adams

Rye Jr. High School
Science Class web page
Ms. Ellwood's Web Page
Ms. Adams Web Page
Earthbridges
7th Grade Blogs
8th Grade Blogs
6th Grade Blogs

Webcasting in the classroom requires several skills. This was our first webcast for the year and I was so pleased with the way the students handled all the jobs. We first researched information about Dr. Roper then developed questions. The questions were prioritized and then arranged in a logical pattern that would keep the interview interesting.

For the webcast, each student had a role. Some of the roles included monitoring the chat room for questions, welcoming people into the chat room, question navigator (someone to queue the questions), photographer, and each had an opportunity to ask questions. The students learned that during the interview, they had to be able to multitask. They had to ask a question, listen to the answer, respond if necessary, read the questions in the chat room, and then determine the next question based on his response and the activity in the chatroom. It's a bit more difficult than it appears!

We connected with Dr. Roper using our science classroom's Skype account and I was able to webcast from my computer which showed the video of Dr. Roper. Each student received a 'webcasting badge' for their own blog.

Posted by S. Adams
Article posted March 4, 2012 at 07:33 PM • comment • Reads 209 • Return to Blog List

Rye 7th Team -

Ms. Adams - 7th grade science teacher; Co-leader of the Belize-UNH Teacher Program; Past President of NHSTE [nhste.org]

EarthCast 2012
Earthcast11 Badge

Click here to get more mini-SharkBreak widgets - www.SharkBreak.com
CURRENT MOON
--- ---
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called MyOats. Make your own badge here.

badge