Copyright (c) 2014 by Kelly S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kelly S -- Blogmeister

-

by Kelly S teacher: Melanie Transue

Music: There Is A Song For Everything

Representin'

Your body hunched around its shape, you have absolutely no control over your facial expressions as you play the notes and chords of your very soul. Fingers dancing along the frets of the neck, the rhythm pours out your fingertips and into the instrument you’re holding. The different types of guitars represent different kinds of styles.

The 6-string electric guitar represents a wilder, louder style, with much improvisation and raw feeling. It usually draws the most attention.

The 6-string acoustic guitar embodies a more original side, filled with more slow and bluesy music to mix in with wonderful harmonies of two acoustics combined.

The bass guitar symbolizes a deeper kind of sound that seems to make the organs inside your very ribcage thrum with the bass line. Without the bass, every composition would seem a little shallower, emptier, as if it was missing something very important, which it would be; the bass is like the framework of a song, everything is built on top of it. The bass seems to complete everything. Not many people usually hear or pay special attention to the bass line, but at the same time if it wasn’t there, you can be sure you’d notice the difference. Bass makes everything better.

The 8-string guitar represents sophistication, a high level of success, for you need great skill to be able to master it. Not any guitar-playing Joe from off the street can pick one up and play a respectable riff.

The 12-string guitar represents teamwork, doing things better with others, togetherness. The twelve strings are merely two sets of the same six strings, and when played, sounds like two guitars. That too requires skill to master, but when it is mastered it’s a wonderful sound.

The many different types of guitars are a good representation of the varying types of style. They are also wonderful tools in creating music. Those who create music by playing instruments such as guitars tend to understand the powerful allure of music better than others, the way it ensnares and encompasses the very concept of emotion, but that is not always true. Anyone can love music with a passion to match the up-close glare of the sun.
Article posted March 1, 2012 at 08:58 PM • comment (3) • Reads 68 • Return to Blog List

Nice representin it portraed very well!
Posted March 22, 2012 at 03:42 PM by • Celia D
I really liked this blog Kelly. Guitars are awesome:)
Posted March 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM by • Michael M
KellyBelly, I'm not surprised that you wrote about this. But I really like this blog.(:
Posted March 12, 2012 at 09:50 AM by • Shania M