-

First we learned about macros. We discovered our creek was healthy without much pollution when we found out that pollution intolerant bugs were living in our creek! Next we

took a deeper look into water pollution, I learned that there are lots of kinds of water pollution! After that we learned about the salmon life cycle. I learned that there are 7 cycles the

salmon go through egg, alevin, fry, parr, smolt, adult, and spawner. After all that learning we went down to our creek to see  how it was doing! We tested D.O, Ph, Flow rate,                    Nitrates,Temp,Turb, and Amnonia.With all of our data we learned our creek was doing good in all areas. And remember...DON'T POLLUTE OUR CREEK! 

We know our creeks D.O is doing well because we got an 8.125 mg/L and we wanted between 5.0 - 10.0. pH is doing well too because we wanted between 5.5-8 and we got a 6! Turbidity is also doing well because we wanted between 0-50 and we got a 44.7 ntu. Nitrates is doing good too because we want below a 1.0 and we got a .3 mg/L! We did not get a good score but...We know our creek is doing good in the ammonia department because we have fish living in our creek and pollution intolerant macros! Flow rate was my job this year and we got 1972 gallons per second into our creek and this amount of water is good for our creek because of the size and we know fish can rest and the creek is still flowing like a champ. Temp also did a good job this year with a average of 37.1 F, we wanted between 32 and 40 F.                                                                                                                                                               

So over all Chimacum Creek is doing BAD HORRIBLE NOT GOOD AT ALL.... Just kidding! Our creek is doing awesome! :) But to keep it this way we need to do things like NOT litter, NOT put things in the creek, or NOT put any other gross yucky stuff into our creek because that can affect our fish, macros, and even ourselves if we pollute too much.... Just think... Would you like to be living in gross garbage and stuff like that? I would not...