Carolines page-

My Thoughts on Poetry

I think poetry is very cool because you can express the way you look at things in the easiest way possible. Many of my favorite poets include: Jack Prelutsky, Shel Silverstein and Christina Rossetti, (who is the author of Flint, one of my favorite poems). These poets are my favorites because Jack Prelutsky and Shel Silverstein make laugh from their hillarious poems while Chirstina Rossetti makes me think and is very inspiring, especially her poem Flint. I am very good at finding many poetic devices such as assonance, end rhyme, otomatopeoia, and personification. I am really good at using end rhyme, otomatopeoia, alliteration and assonance in poems I've created. My future poems will be for children who like poems with lots of rhyme and are short.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 09:33 AM • comment • Reads 35 • Return to Blog List

I am Caroline and I like to dance, play soccer and hang out with friends and family.I am in Mrs.Berkman's class and I love Voyager.