Some poets have the power to change the way people look at the world. Some have the power to entertain people when they read their poems. Others have the power to change and/ or influence our lives. Some might ask how they do it or why they do it. Personally I think they try to entertain people because they like to see people smile and laugh, but, when they try to change and/ or influence our lives I think it is to get them on their “side”. (Example: elections) I also think poets try to change the way we look at the world because they want us to see the brighter side of life and to not always look on the down side of everything. Some “tools” they might use to get any one of these things to happen are: experience, nature (they might look at something and write a poem on it), they could use facts to get our minds wrapped around the idea that [someone] is better, or they could use something silly like dreams to help them. All in all poets use many things to get us to do many different things.