Noels View on English Topics-

This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

by teacher: Jody Ferguson

My favorite movie is Scarface with actor Al Pacino. When this movie was released in 1983 it was not a success. It wasn't until the late 1990's when organized crime and street gangs increased that the movie gained popularity. Scarface was looked upon by gangsters as an "idol". I like this movie because it shows the difficult struggles of a Cuban immigrant coming to America, but also what he was able to achieve in a short period of time. I also like this movie because it is a prime example of the saying "more money, more problems" and shows how all good things come to an end in the drug world.

My name is Noel Gonzalez. I'm 24 years old attending McLeod Adult Ed trying to achieve my Mature Student Diploma. I'm Spanish from El Salvador and a seasonal construction worker. My hobbies are fixing cars, being a handyman around the house and walking my 2 year old Pitbull, Honcho.