Copyright (c) 2014 by Allyssa H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Allyssa H -- Blogmeister

Music Rocks! -

by Allyssa H teacher: Melanie Transue

A Humanist Celebration
Construction Theory

A humanist would celebrate the book Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver because the main character Samantha learned from her bad choices to make a good choice.

To begin, in the book, Samantha died and tried to redo her life in a way that would safe her own life. She tried many times but each time she awoke to the day starting all over again and so she made each day better by doing things differently. Eventually she made good choices which are something a humanist would like.

To further my point, a humanist would like this story because she is rewarded for good deeds. Living that day over and over again began to be a burden for Samantha. In the end, Samantha just wanted to die happy with her choices. When Samantha was killed, she was rewarded with the happiness of the choices she had made that day and no longer having to live that day over. This concept of reward is something a humanist would like also.

In conclusion, a humanist would celebrate the book Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver because she makes goad choices and because she was rewarded for those choices.
Article posted February 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM • comment (5) • Reads 91 • Return to Blog List

Even though I don't read, this bok sounds like a very interesting book to read Allyssa. Very good job, connecting it to Huminism.
Posted March 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM by • Briana D
A lot of people could relate to this book. Great choice.
Posted March 4, 2012 at 09:43 AM by • Karly B
That is a great interpretation of that book. Not only that, it sounds like a very good book to read. Great job!
Posted February 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM by • Megyn S.
Even though I didn't read the book because I don't like reading, but you did a good job. Showing that a humanist would celebrate the book and the two reasons you gave were good.
Posted February 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM by • Tyler B
I concur; this story would delight a humanist. Humanists would like because she changed, and was rewarded for doing well.
Posted February 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM by • Travis T