Copyright (c) 2014 by RS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RS -- Blogmeister

Rachel's Writing World

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by RS

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Dear School District,

I think that the elementary Public schools should start and end the elementary day earlier. I have a few good reasons for you to do this.

My first reason is that if kids got out from school earlier they could spend more time with their families. Kids and families would have more time to play games, watch movies and have a nice, sit-down dinner.

Another reason I think the elementary schools should have an earlier start and end time is kids would have more time to do their homework. The homework would be finished and would be done more thoroughly if kids had more time after school to do it. I think more people in the class would understand the lesson if they did their homework.

The next reason I think we should have an earlier start and end time is parents could get to work and meetings earlier. I think lots of parents could either take an earlier shift or get to early meetings if their kids were already at school. Also if the parents always had childcare to a certain time they could work longer. If parents didn’t have a job to get to early in the morning they could enjoy the peace at home.

My last reason there should be an earlier start and end time is that the day would seem shorter to kids. Instead of watching the clock and waiting for school to end, kids would be paying attention to the lesson being taught. The lesson would become a lot clearer to students if they were paying attention to what was being taught.

Thank you for listening to my reasons for an earlier start and end time. I hope you will consider my ideas!

Sincerely,

Rachel

Article posted February 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM • comment • Reads 75 • Return to Blog List

My name is Rachel. I am ten yeas old and in fifth grade at Nettleton. I have four chickens as pets and love to play soccer.