Grace

Under your graph you will write your caption explaining to the world what you did and what this data means.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 06:39 PM • comment (19) • Reads 118 • Return to Blog List

if thats' true Mr.G, then i have a LOT of stress because i tend to fing myself crying a lot lately and i don't like it.

From Mr. G - I hear you. It's not enjoyable. Not at all.
Posted February 28, 2012 at 09:32 PM by • Kacie
yeah, when i completely forgot my poem when i had to present it (Mrs.Lubich practically had to tell me what i had to say on almost every stanza and nearly every line.) i so wanted to cry. when i had her next i told her that i was on the bus crying because i was so embarrssed about it, she told me that i just let it get to me and that i did alright because it was a hard poem to memorize ( i had chosen a poem that didn't rhyme and was hard to get the exact hand of and memorize). i didn't feel as bad about the spanish one though, but i am stressed about failing because i already have a C in that class and if i go any lower i will lose my mind. tubs somewhat fixed, but we don;t have the wall replaced yet so we can't use the shower TT^TT and i finally got to at least take a bath, although our new tub is a horrible tub for taking a bath in and i really don't like baths because they're uncomfortable. i'm not aloud on youtube anymore because it broke my computer so... i'm still sad. and bored a little bit.and to add onto things that aren't going as planned and breaking, my SD card for my DS ( how convenient... flip SD around and you get DS and then if you add an i then you get my brand of Nintendo DS. XD just saw that.) broke and it's not going into my computer so any pictures i take on it and want to upload to my computer i can't do and i can't listen ot my music on my computer. i might have to buy a new SD chip.... really don't want to.

From Mr. G - Crying is a great way to release your stress. All I can say is hang in there. You'll get through all of it.
Posted February 27, 2012 at 05:37 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, TT^TT i want to cry! i did so horrible on a peice of spanish honework! we were supposed to call her google voice thinga dn leave a message in spanish including everything she wanted.... problem was tha i forgot how to say most of the stuff and.... i paused a whole lot! i did that when i interpretted a poem. my grandma is driving me up the walls too. i'm so stressed i don't know what to do! TT^TT

From Mr. G - You are stressed because you are worried about failing. Learning a new language isn't easy and messing up is how we learn so don't worry about messing up, focus on learning from your mistakes.
Posted February 26, 2012 at 08:34 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, TT^TT youtube broke my computer and my bathtub it broken. i feel all sad because i can't go onto youtube and i feel all dirty because our tub is broken.

From Mr. G - Oh no!
Posted February 26, 2012 at 08:57 AM by • kacie
i guess, but it's still annoying. my teacher e-mailed me back on the bag issue. she said that it wasn't really helping e with my orgaization and nstead bacame a dumping ground, which is somewhat true. she worried that i was carrying to muh stuff and tat i would hurt myself. i understand where she is coming from, somewhat. i just need to e-mail her a the question as to why te other kids ih my class, about three r four of them, get to carry their bags. theirs are a lot bigger tha mine too.

From Mr. G - Good luck!
Posted February 24, 2012 at 05:57 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, my parents are giving me a hard time about this science test that's coming up on our cells unit. i feel prepared for it enough, considering that i am one of those people who knows the answer when i see the question and something that sparks my memory for it, but they think i'm not studying enough. i'm sure i'm going to miss the test, i think it's tomarrow and i'm kinda sick, and even if i don't i know that i will still get a good grade on my test. i am one of those people who will not allow her grade to go bellow a B-. if they do, i freak out just a little. maybe that's because my parents want me to be one of those perfect grade A+ students. but still, i know i'll be ok because i ahve been in the past. it's really annoying. my mom isn't giving me as much of a hard time as my dad is, and it's really annoying me. i am some what studying just to pleas ehim, but i really don't want to.

From Mr. G - Yeah, just remember that your parents want what's best for you. In the end, they got your back.
Posted February 23, 2012 at 08:23 PM by • kacie
Yeah! thanks Mr.G! * siber hugs you*
Posted February 23, 2012 at 02:48 PM by • kacie
Mr.G for a project that i am doing on my blog, it's an assigment actually, can i use the video of the things you guys did in your eighth grade science class with cells? we did that too in my science class and the assighment is to write what we did. your class mainly did what we did, so i thought that it would be kinda cool to share some of what we did, even though it was another classes video. of course, i would say that the video was from your class, not ours, and it belongs to you and all that. but i really think it would be cool to use. so, that's why i am asking you permission.

From Mr. G - Sure, you can my videos. If you find one that a student did just ask the student for permission and I'll let them know someone would like to use their video (just in case you could use one of theirs).
Posted February 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM by • Kacie
Mr.G those are great ideas and i am gald that this is normal, although i still hate to ahve the battle with myself because it gets so tiring and then i just want to break out in tears and hide in my closet ( something my mom hates because she knows that means i have had a bad day and that i don't want to talk to anyone, but she still makes me). i would tell her that it's for people who are interested, but she is one of those people who.... i don't know how to explain it.... but she likes to do what i do ( i hate people like that, but what can i say?) and she protests and fires back things that aren't true about herself jsut for me to let her go. my mom ususally can get me out of these situations, but that's only when we are going to a store or something. anyway, i would tell her but it wouldn't do me any good. and yes, it will get very complicated and i am one of those people who doesn't like complicated situations with friends. so, i need a better way to say that she can't come with me on saturdays, but i don't know of anything, other than lies, to tell her without hurting her feelings. but when i look at it from the perspective of the fact that she doesn't take me everywhere she goes and she probably has secret groups of friends that i don't know of, then what's wrong with me doing the same thing? it's not like she can't live without me for two hours. so i am really stuck. and still having the battle between myself on wether i am selfish or not. and it's wearing me out.

From Mr. G - I hear you. It's tough. Whatever you decide just trust that it will be the right decision. At least have comfort in that.
Posted February 20, 2012 at 07:30 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, i have another problem that i am faced with. ok, so i have been having a major battle with myself about wether i am selfish or not. now, the battle in and of itself should telll you pretty much how it's been going. anyway, i have this Manga club that i am in and we meet every stauday at a certain time at the public library. well, my friend had wanting to come with me on saturday, even though we were drastically late because my mom had totally spaced the meeting, and my mom and i had said that it was ok. now, you wouldn't think this would be so bad, but to me it was terrible. i don't know what it was, but i just didn't want her there. they were MY group of friends that shared the same intrests. she didn't even read the Manga books, watch anime or draw for that matter, so what was the whole point of letting her join? and it didn't help that i spend EVERY day waith her, and i littterally mean everyday. but then i would start hearing the otherside of me, the sweet side that has been telling me that i am not slefish and epicly losing. well, that side was tellling me that it didn't matter if i thought that they were my friends, because they tecknically weren't. i didn't own them. i had to be more considerate and share this little group of friends with my other friends. and it didn't matter if she had even read manga or not, just that she was having fun. but then the other side, the loudest one that i kept going with in the battle of weather i am selfish or not, kept telling me that it did matter because of the fact that she had practicallly already invaded my other groups of friends, why not get the luxury of having just one group hidden from her? and then the other side would come in and go, she wants to keep coming, you should let her. and at this point i was totally confused as to which one i should go with. i told my mom that i really didn't want her coming every saturday and my mom said that they were, infact, my little group of friends and freedom. and she couldn't be driving her to every meeeting every saturday either. so, i'm really confused. is it really ok not to let her go to the club every saturday or is it not? i mean, she keeps talking about wanting to go again, and i keep thinking to myself ' i am not letting you go again because they are my group of friends and i am tired of sharing all of my friends with you.'. i really need some help.

From Mr. G - I think it's totally normal to feel the way you're feeling. Personally, I also think it's healthy to have different groups of friends. You don't have to keep them secret, just tell the non-manga/anime friend that your Saturday manga/anime group is really just for people really interested in manga/anime and that it's okay that she's not. It's just something you do without her. Now if that bugs her then things will get complicated and the fact that she wants to go with you might mean she will feel hurt if you tell her that you'd prefer she doesn't. Either way you'll have to do something that is uncomfortable so just pick which way will make you feel better. Then just tell your friends to support you. Good luck!
Posted February 20, 2012 at 07:37 AM by • kacie
Mr.G, are you a fan of musci? even if your not, i still would check out this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QLP4DCcOZA
it's the theme song to the anime that i am watching. it's kind of a sad anime, but it's a good one. sometimes it's age resticted, but it's not all that bad. i mean, i can handle the show, expecially id i watched black butler season 2 witch was totatlly age restircted. anyway, i like the song and the violin version is pretty too, so is the music box melodie. just thought i would share. and Mr.G, here is a test that you should definantly take. go to http://www.thefeartest.com and take the test. tell me the results when you tak it and if you take it.

From Mr. G - I'll try to check those out when I get a chance.
Posted February 17, 2012 at 09:20 PM by • Kacie
Mr.G, jeez i feel like i'm talking to you a lot lately. oh well, anyway. i was looking at your youtube video on cells and i ahev something to say....... you are so quacking lucky! i so want to go to your school! your microscopes are connected to COMPUTERS and our aren't. and we were looking at micro organisms too in my science class. and i have to say that, with what we were doing, those would have been so much easier to use. we had to draw pictures of what we saw, but we had to keep the light off and memorize what we saw, otherwise we would have cooked and killed the poor buggers.
:o( , lucky duckies. now i want to go to your school, but that's not happening. is your school an IB school? mine is, and it's so boring. even math isn't made fun, nor is science. not like yours is.

From Mr. G - The digital scopes are very cool, but they don't have as high a magnification as the compound scopes. We do use both (compound for drawing).

And we're just a regular middle school. What's and IB school?
Posted February 16, 2012 at 05:55 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, i am never going to watch Dr.Phil again. i know he is supposed to be helpful and stuff, but this one episode just freaked me out. have you heard about the L.A teacher who put cockroaches on his students arms and faces and would blind fold them and ducktape their mouths and feed them 'sugar cookies'? if not, then go to http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/tribe-main-forum/165444-la-teacher-feeds-semen-cookies-students.html and read about it. it's not all that deatialed, which is good, beleive me, and it's straight to the disturbing point. this just totally freaked me out, and it happend so reacent ago! i mean, it happened around 2008- 2010. it's just.... ugh! the world is so cruel and disturbing sometimes, but i guess that's just how some of us are born.

From Mr. G - That is disgusting and horrible! But remember that most teachers are good people!! Those bad ones give us all a bad name. So you may not want to hear this but my 8th graders are doing to work with cockroaches. :o) I have a childhood phobia with cockroaches so I don't hold them and only have those who want to hold them actually touch them. I can empathize.
Posted February 16, 2012 at 05:34 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, i am faced with a problem. ok, so i have been caring around a bag to try and reduce my chances of being late to my band and choir classes. so i carry the bag around with me everywhere i go because of this and it's esy to just throw my acedemic stuff in it. well, my L.A teacher didn't mind it at all when i would bring it in, until a kid from my class brought in his backpack, something she gone over about not doing at the beginning of the year, and made a big deal about not being able to have it. then he points me out and asks why i could have the bag but he couldn't have the backpack. after this, i was never aloud to bring the bag to class. i was somewhat ok with htis because, you know, the teacher told me that i wasn't aloud to bring it in anymore, but i was also upset because my plan wasn't going how i thought it would anymore. not to mention, a lot of other kids do the same thing i did with their academic things too. so why was i not aloud to have it anymore? well, today i tried putting my band stuff and my lunch in a different bag so that way i would only carry that around for my first two classes and not be late to my band or choir classes, and then put all of my acedemic things in another bag so i could carry it around easier, since i have this hulcking big binder as well that has everything for everyone of my classes, and it's hard to carry textbooks and the binder at the same time since the binder plus the text books are so heavy. well, i tried that today and i put everyone of my L.A items in the acedemic bag and brought it into my L.A class. i was a=imeadiantly told to take the bag back to my locker, so i sat at my desk pulling out my L.A stuff ( i would love to say the words 'L.A crap' but that won't do so well,) and then waled back to my locker with an empty bag. when i had to go back to my locker after class to pack my backpack, i had to have a friend help me so i wouldn't be carrying so much 'stuff' ( again, seriously want to call it 'crap' but not going to). is there a way i could still keep the bag idea, since it works so well and everyone else does it, and not get in trouble? or is there another way? think you could help? because i'm not so sure how well i will do if i have to go back to carrying heavy textbooks and the added weight of my binder, considering that made my asthma hard to deal with in the first place.

From Mr. G - Gosh, that's quite a problem. We're pretty lucky here because we don't have lockers, well kids want lockers, but we don't have to deal with all the locker drama. So our students carry backpacks and bags everywhere they go! Not teaching at a school with lockers I can't even imagine why you wouldn't be allowed to carry your bag in L.A. It sounds like the teacher is trying to be fair and have everyone follow the same rules. I really don't think you should carry around too much, take care of your back, but you also don't want to be late for band. I don't know. This is a tough one. What do your parents say?
Posted February 16, 2012 at 04:48 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, that might work. and thanks. i'm pretty sure that i will get a good grade on the project. and maybe it will work out, but i'm not sure.
Posted February 15, 2012 at 07:47 PM by • kacie
thanks Mr.G. to tell you the truth, i'm a person who is so nervos to talk to teachers and i prefer to write things out. but i'm afraid to talk to my band teacher about it because they have had it for so long, i don't know how long, and one of my band teachers is kinda scary. and don't worry about the words. i just looked through my textbook, since i had it with me and i had to do the project that night, and put down the hilighted words. my dad totally got mad at me because i went to bed late. i can't help it that it was a big assignment, although i probably should have done it sooner and not two days before it was due. anyway, thanks. i will read it.

From Mr. G - Glad to hear you got your Latin work done. :o)

And don't sweat it about talking to your band teachers. I totally understand. Maybe a way will present itself where you can write and/or submit an anonymous message.
Posted February 15, 2012 at 04:46 PM by • kacie
Mr. G, cool words, but i'm not too sure how well they will work in a Roman dictionary. but those are really interesting, and i might have to remmeber them when i want to use a word in latin in a story. and that's a good thing that all feedback is goo, but is still wish something could be done about the Student of the week in my band class. i don't like it. anyway, thanks for letting me know.

From Mr. G - Sorry about the Latin words. It's been so long that I don't have my resources handy. As for your student of the week dilemma, change is slow to happen. Is there anyway you can start the ball rolling by sharing your concerns with the band department or someone like that. Feel free to share my blog post about awards (great comments on this blog too): http://www.educatoral.com/wordpress/2011/01/15/awards-grades-and-competition/

It's long but a good read for students, parents and teachers!
Posted February 14, 2012 at 06:05 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, i did the survey on the main page. feels good to tell someone about my band class's student of the week. i have another question to ask you. do you know Four other Roman words that i could use for my roman dictionary? the information on the project is here:http://team743.wikispaces.com/Humanities
it's in the bold blue. i don't think i need to be giving you the info, but still. i don't know all that much about rome, and i guess i could use some words from our text book, but i just want to know if you have any. anyway, thanks.

From Mr. G - I do appreciate you taking the survey. All feedback is good.

As for Latin, I remember a few words that you might already have.

Salve is a greeting, meaning health!

Discipuli is the plural for students.

Magister is the word for teacher.

Just a few that I remember from my Latin days.
Posted February 13, 2012 at 09:41 PM by • kacie
Mr.G, would i be able to take that survey you have on your homepage? i didn't write a comment there because i knew you don't know about some of those comments, but the survey looks really interesting and even though i'm from colorado i have something to say about one of our award things we do in my band class. it's called Studen Of The Week instead of Student Of The Month.

From Mr. G - Sure Kacie. I think my advisory class would welcome other people's thoughts. I know I do. We're trying to see why our culture is so used to being rewarded for doing what they're supposed to do. It seems that we equate appreciation with awards. I am kind of hoping we can appreciate each other without having to select a few every month to give a piece of paper. Just my thoughts on that matter. :o)
Posted February 11, 2012 at 09:54 AM by • Kacie