Copyright (c) 2014 by Zachery V Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Zachery V -- Blogmeister

About Me -

by Zachery V teacher: Melanie Transue

What if you were a retard and you were treated like one? That’s why Marxist would criticize the short story Here's Herbie by Mike Feder.

The first reason why a Marxist would criticize this short story is because the narrator treats Herbie as a retard. For example “So this retard is now steering the train.”

The second reason why a Marxist would criticize this short story is because on the train the narrator is riding all of the richer people sit in the front of the train. For example “here’s this guy, a retard, a jerk, and I am so brilliant, I do well in school, I am handsome….”

In conclusion that is why a Marxist would criticize this short story.
Article posted February 8, 2012 at 09:00 AM • comment • Reads 142 • Return to Blog List