Awesome Cispus-

Bacteria in our School
The question that we asked before we started was what surface would grow
the most bacteria. We had predicted that the toilet seat would have grown the most bacteria but IT DIDN'T as a matter of fact it didn't grow any bacteria at all. The surface that we predicted would grow the least amount of bacteria grew the most the gym door handles. The gum under the table had grown one colony but we had some contamination because the other colony was off of the spot we swabbed. After the first day we noticed that the gym door handle section was crawling with bacteria it was an explosion of bacteria. I think it would be fun to do this lab again, because I think that the toilet seat was just cleaned that night and next time i think we should swab it at the end of the day.
Article posted February 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM • comment (2) • Reads 50 • Return to Blog List

That is quite an interesting result. For my team we compared a computer keyboard, toilet seat, soil, and lunch room seat.The soil had the most bacteria. I thought the keyboard would have more bacteria because it did in mythbuster when they tested it.
Posted May 1, 2012 at 01:11 PM by • Pub
Posted May 1, 2012 at 01:11 PM by • Pub
Great observations! It's so interesting how your toilet had no bacteria and the toilet we swabbed had the most!
Posted February 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM by • Hollie