Copyright (c) 2014 by Lindsay Stuart Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Lindsay Stuart -- Blogmeister

-

Ms. S's Kinders

A room full of wonder, learning and community.

by Lindsay Stuart

No Links added yet!

Monday Funday!!!

We had a great start today to a very busy two week stretch. In the next two weeks our room will see the introduction to the take home reading program, our 100 day celebration, Valentine's Day and a special surprise science experiment which will begin on Wednesday. But hey, we are Kindergarteners..... we can handle it!

The new "Journal Challenge" for the week was introduced today. It challenges the kiddoes to cut out letter hearts and sound out/spell specific words. For example, a picture of a cat is shown. Beside the picture are three blank squares. The kiddoes have to cut out the letter hearts, segment the word "cat' (c...a....t....) and then choose the right letters to fill in the blanks spelling the word correctly. I was amazed today at the independence and ability this class is showing. Hmm..... perhaps harder challenges are needed!!:)

The "Who Do You See" books are almost ready to come home. Mrs. Wills and I have added a special surprise for the kiddoes to discover on Wednesday during our library period. Ask your child about it when the books come home on Friday. 

Thanks for stopping by to check in, and chat soon!!!!

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 07:56 PM • comment • Reads 37 • see all articles