YankeeGirl127-

We are Mr. Brune's 5th Grade at Mamaroneck Avenue School in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

by teacher: MAS 5B 2011 - 2012
Go Yankees! 02/06/12

Go Yankees!
I love the Yankees. They are my favorite baseball team. For a long time I wanted to go to a game. And one day it finally happened.

It was a warm day in August. I woke up and came downstairs for breakfast. The day went on as my normal day would, and then I saw it. Was I seeing things? Was I reading wrong? Was I dreaming?

I walked closer to my bed. On it was a piece of paper. It said:

This is your ticket. New York vs. Tampa Bay.

I ran downstairs. Was this real?

“Oh, my goodness! Thank you!” I told my parents.

“You’re welcome,” they said.

I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say. I ran outside and told my brother. We were amazed and filled with joy. We had never gone to a Yankees game before. What would it be like?

An hour later we were walking into Yankee Stadium. Someone stopped us, “Are there four of you?” said a stranger. “I have four tickets for seats that are better than yours,” he continued. “ Do you want them for free? I am Michael and this is Julia”

“Sure,” said my dad.

We followed Michael and Julia through the Legend Suits. There was a huge buffet with loads of free food. I couldn’t believe it. WOW! As we were walking down, we kept getting closer. Where were we sitting? We were sitting in the second row! I got to put my hand on the dugout.

That was the best game ever even if the Yankees did lose. It was so much fun. I will never be to another game like that in my life, but I will always remember my first Yankees game ever.

Mas5thgrade2012's bookshelf: yankeegirl127

goodreads.com