People say that dancing is not a sport but really IT IS!!! You get injuries from sports, you get injuries from dancing. Also, you need to practice to do a sport, you need to practice for dancing. Plus, football players do ballet to get better balance. I would say that dancing is even harder than a lot of sports. You need to use all of your body in order to do ballet. You use your core muscles to balance, your leg and ankle muscles to to stay up on your toes, arm muscles to keep your arm up, back muscles to keep your leg high in an arabesque, and you use so many other parts of your body to do other things! So if you think ballet is easy, you are soooooo wrong!!!! Ballerina(o)s just make the dance moves look graceful and easy; that's kind of the whole point. So here are some reasons why ballet/ dancing is a sport.
Article posted February 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM • comment (2) • Reads 66 • Return to Blog List

I agree that dancing is a sport, it requires everything another sport does!!
Posted February 11, 2012 at 06:48 PM by • Varsha
Yeah I TOTALLY agree!! Ballet is SUPER painful and people don't appreciate the hard work we do!!!!! I like that you decided to write about this:)
Posted February 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM by • Quinn