Mind over Matter
In Language arts we recently read a poem called "the Victor". I do agree with the message of this poem that our thoughts are a big part of our success in what ever we do. First of all this poem shows that hope encourages effort. If you do not have the power in you to hope then you will not want to even try. This thought is truly shown in line 7 of this poem. without hope it is extremely hard to have the courage to start. Secondly, it takes confidence to persevere. this is exemplified in line 11 of this poem. confidence gives you the hope to keep you going. If you honestly think that you will fail then it's better to just give up. lastly skill isn't everything. This is shown in the last stanza of the poem. Skill comes from work. work comes form the hope to win at anything and everything you do. Overall this poem shows That in many ways mind triumphs over matter.
Article posted February 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM • comment (4) • Reads 89 • Return to Blog List

I agree with your blog. It is well put together and makes sense. You should always try your best at everything or else you may regret it in the end. Jordan Wiggans G-2
Posted March 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM by • Jordan W
I really liked your blog. Good job giving details form the story.
Posted February 26, 2012 at 02:32 PM by • Dylan Wynn
I loved you paragraph. It is put together neatly and organized. I totally agree with you. Also, your paragraph is very inspirational. Great word choice. You did a really great job on your paragraph.
Posted February 22, 2012 at 06:53 PM by • Abbie L.
I totally agree with you. I'm on the same page with you when it comes to the poem. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. I love the words you chose, by the way. So inspirational.
Posted February 15, 2012 at 06:10 PM by • Gabi Kizeev