Copyright (c) 2014 by lemonheads Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
lemonheads -- Blogmeister

2011-2012

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by lemonheads

teacher: Michael La Marr

What I Think About The Terrible Wave

I think the author of The Terrible Wave MARDEN Dahlstedt, made her book very interesting and detailed. A really good detail is when the main character was describing how it was on the mattress that she fell on when the wave hit. She talked about how it felt being all alone on a mattress with water hitting her. “It was an entirely unhuman sound – cracking, grinding, roaring, together with the dreadful sucking, sloshing noise of the dark water which surrounded her.” Another sentence that I liked was when she was still on a mattress and all the sounds and sights she experienced. Dahlsedt wrote, “The mattress was floating on a sea of fearfully churning dark water that seemed to stretch out in all directions.” I liked it because it was very detailed and seemed real. When Dahlstedt made the main character, Megan, meet Brian O’ Meara, they were talking like in a normal day, but it was the one of the world’s greatest disasters. One of my favorite sentences is when Daisy chortled, “Ohhh . . . you look like three pigs in a mud wallow.” Then anger flashed through Megan hot and fierce. She jumped to her feet and said “Oh you make me sick! ” then she added, “I didn’t see you doing anything to help!” That is one of my favorites because it is a little bit weird that Megan was about to die by falling in the drifting water and Daisy just laughed. Dahlstedt made the book so detailed and interesting; it seemed as if I was in the book.
Article posted February 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM • comment (2) • Reads 81 • Return to Blog List

coolio!!!
Posted May 21, 2012 at 01:53 PM by • em n m
Very well said Lemonheads bravo, bravo!
Posted February 1, 2012 at 07:36 PM by • P.L.S.P.