Conditions of Use
Q1) how do cells divid and if a cells splits in half to become two cells how are both able to work?
1:the cells chromosomes duplicates itself, then both of them move apart and go to each and of the cell wall. The cell elongated and it's plasma membrane grows inward, then the cell splits into two. The cell divide ( comely know as sister cells). Those (sister cells) are able to work because the first cells gives them everything need to produce and survive.
Q2) write a brief description of what is happening at each of the seven stages of cell division starting with interphase.
1. interphase: this is the most time consuming part of the cell cycle. The cell is very active while the DNA copies, centrioles divid and proteins are being made.
2. Prophase: during the first stage of mitosis, the nucleus copies the DNA, associated proteins. Each one of the chromosomes has two chromatids, and all chromatids have the same genetic.
3. Pro-metaphase: in this stage the nucleus is no longer recognizable because of the nuclear envelope collapses.
4. Metaphase: when tension is applied by the fibers,they align all the chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.
5. Anaphase: the fibers shorten, the kinetochores separate, and the knew cells also called chromatids are pulled apart and begin moving to opposite sides.
6. Telophase: the know cells arrive at the poles and the fibers that have pulled them apart go away for good.
7. Cytokinesis: the fibers that weren't attached to the cell, start to breakdown until there is only a small part of them is still remaining. After the two cells reorganize themselves into a new cytoskeleton for the return of cells.
Article posted January 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM •
comment • Reads 725
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment