-

The first chocolate chip cookie was made by accident in 1937 by Ruth Wakefield. Ruth was the owner of the Toll House Inn and was in charge of cooking orders and making new recipes. Most guest didn't order desserts. One afternoon one of the guest ordered some Butter Drop Do Cookies but Ruth was out of baker's chocolate so she improvised and used a semisweet chocolate bar. When the cookies were done instead of the chocolate melting completely it was still in little pieces. Ruth named her new creation the Toll House Crunch and soon the cookies became very popular. While I was reading the article I found some fun facts! Did you know that 1/4 of the United States cookies are chocolate chip? People really have an appetite for cookies!  Also in the United Kingdom cookies mean only chocolate chip any other kind are called biscuts! Lastly, Chocolate chip cookies are the state cookie for Pennslyvania and Massachusetts.

Vocabulary words

Creation- something new

Popular- widely known about

Appetite - to want to eat something