Recently the ENTIRE sixth grade in our school went tree planting. We went there to plant trees because we wanted to help the salmon. Trees help the salmon by providing more dissolved oxegen, hiding spots (leafs), and when the die if they fall in the river they create a slow moving part which is good for laying eggs, good for bug habitat (food) and a place to rest .We split into two types of groups and changed half way through. One was the digging team which first made a circle indent, smash the dirt into small chunks and put the dirt off to the side. The other type of team took a tree and one person held it and the other put in the dirt. I am guessing that about half of them had fun, but I did. I enjoyed going there (including the walking) but also the game was interesting, and also I enjoyed planting trees. Thanks to all the vonenteers for helping out especially Chawncey. (if I spelled his name wrong leave a comment so I can fix it).

Article posted January 27, 2012 at 02:54 PM • comment (1) • Reads 113 • Return to Blog List

I wish I had come. I want to help the salmon. They taste really good, and I would love to have more of them. That means more salmon for me!
Posted January 30, 2012 at 02:20 PM by • un lun dun