There are many “tools” that writers use to create effect in their writing. For example authors use imagery, repetition, and onomatopoeia to create an effect. Writers use imagery to alert your five senses. For example in Sarah Cynthia Silvia Stout would Not Take the Garbage Out, Shel Silverstein uses imagery to make the reader imagine all the piles of trash that are piled up in the house. To alert your sense of sight and smell, he describes “Blobs of gooey bubble gum” and “Chunks of sour cottage cheese”. Another tool that writers also use is repetition. Writers use repetition when they repeat words for emphasis. For example in the poem Casey At the Bat, the author uses repetition when he says “Casey, Mighty Casey “. He uses repetition to give emphasis on who is mighty. Lastly writers use onomatopoeia, that means to use words or words phrases and they echo there meaning. For example in some poems, authors might have to use words like bang, crash, buzz, etc. When you use words like that, it can create a sound in your head. These are some of that tools that poets use to crate effect in their writing and it can help you make a great poem.