teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2013-2014)

North America
North America is north of South America. The most important landforms of North America are the Smokey Mountains, mesas, the Grand Canyon and the Rocky Mountains. The bodies of water around North America are the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean. More than 500 million people live in North America. It is a bit crowded and a bit noisy. The weather in North America is mostly cold because it’s next to the Arctic Circle. North America is a bit cold in the summer. Some countries that are in North America are Canada, Jamaica, United States and Mexico. Some of the animals that are in North America are coyotes, geese, beavers, pumas, bald eagles, prairie dogs, monarch butterflies, bears, moose and American alligators. Some of the plants that are in North America are very pretty pine trees, mesquite and saguaro cactuses, cranberry bushes, and red wood trees. There are also many other bushes, trees and grasses. North America has wonderful plants and animals because it is kind of a wonderful continent.
Bibliography
Foster Karen. Atlas of North America. 2008.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 03:54 AM • comment • Reads 288 • Return to Blog List