Copyright (c) 2014 by NM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
NM -- Blogmeister

-

by NM teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2013-2014)

ASIA
Asia is the most populated continent in the world! Asia has 3.6 billion people, more than 60% of all the people on Earth. Asia has a lot of animals, some are: bactrian camels, giant pandas, Asian elephant, palls cats, water buffalo, and flying lizards. It also has snow leopards, red crowned cranes, tibetan yaks, komodo dragons, orangutans, and sumatran rhinoceroses. Asia borders 4 oceans. They are the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean and Arctic Ocean. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in Asia, and the world! It is 29,035 feet (8,856 meters) tall. Other landforms in Asia are the Chocolate hills, and the Rings of Fire. The lowest point in Asia is Pendi, China at 505 feet (154 meters) below sea level. Asia has a lot of plants. Some are: the dove tree, the cherry tree, bamboo, rhododendron, rafflesia, the rubber tree, richird, and the pitcher plant. The “Monsoons” are strong winds that blow off the Indian Ocean and the south Chinese sea. Lebanon is in Asia, it is one of the smallest countries in the world! The traditional dance of Lebanon is called the dabke. The symbol of Lebanon is the Cedar tree or “Arz” tree. Russia is another country in Asia. It one of the largest countries in the world!

Source
Law, Felicia. Atlas of Far East and Southeast Asia. 2008
Dahl, Michel. Countries of the world China.1998
Article posted January 25, 2012 at 03:54 AM • comment • Reads 108 • Return to Blog List