Copyright (c) 2014 by KR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KR -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by KR

Shame and Pressure

During a Must win game for the Cubs in a matchup between the Chicago Cubs and the Florida Marlins with the Cubs on top of the series 3-2. October 14, 2003, at Wrigley Filed in Chicago. Eighth inning of Game 6 in the World Series, with the Cubs holding a 3-0 lead over the Florida Marlins with only 5 outs standing between them and their first World Series appearance since 1945. Luis Castillo came up to bat. Mark Prior (The Cubs Pitcher) was having one of the best seasons of his career. 1 strike 1 out was the count on Castillo when he fouled it. The ball travels to the left side of the field and everybody thought nothing of it, O but if they would have. Steve Bartman is sitting along the left-field foul line at Wrigley Field, and tries to catch a foul ball that is about to be caught by Cubs' outfielder Moises Alou for the second out of the inning. The cubs are arguing that the play should be ruled fan interference, but they say it was a fair game for the fans to catch the ball. Here’s the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmjsWzPMeMM. People got very angry and cussed, threw beer, and wanted to kill Bartman after this play. He must of felt very sad. After the Bartman play, the Marlins would score 8 runs and go on for a game seven. In game seven, the cubs were up 3-0 but the Marlins came back to win 9-6. The Florida Marlins ended up as World Series Champions.