Copyright (c) 2014 by MH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MH -- Blogmeister

6th period Spring 2013

by MH

Make It or Break It

I remember standing in front of the goal, petrified with fear. The ball was at my feet siting like an obedient dog waiting to be kicked into the goal. The parents were cheering, my teammates were yelling, and the other team stood there waiting to see what I was going to do. It was the first game of the season and everyone was new to the game. My knees had been banging against each other and my teeth chattered like I was in Antarctica. The game was tied; all I had to do was kick. The goalie had let two easy balls already soar in, just one kick and we would win. At that moment I could barely move. Everything depended on me, the whole game, going to the tournament, one mistake and it was over. I had gulped and swung my foot. Everything slowed down and the whole field went silent as the goalie lunged, caught it, but then dropped the ball a millimeter behind the line. Everyone looked eagerly at the referee with begging eyes. He took a look, blew the whistle, and nodded slowly. I remember everyone exploding into cheers and noise suddenly, like a mighty thunderstorm that had been holding all of its power back and unexpectedly letting it all out. My team tackled me and I realized we had won. Everything had depended on me but I still had done it.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 01:07 PM • comment (1) • Reads 59 • Return to Blog List

Hi! I really think that this comment is great. It had a lot of description and details, and I liked that. If there was one thing I could say to help make it better, I would say that I think I would like the comment better if you told me what sport it was. I am guessing soccer, because of the description, but still, I am not completely sure. But otherwise, it's great!!!
Posted January 24, 2012 at 04:58 PM by • ATB 7