Casey at the Bat

During the track season, I was on a 4x400 relay team. (That means each person runs a full lap on the track and then passes the baton. I was first leg, my friend Aniyah was the second leg, Lauren was the third leg, and Sumer was the forth leg.  Well, this was the Region Three Qualifier and Sumer was hurt. We had no alternates. Since Sumer had to run no matter what, the plan was that I, the first leg, get us a huge lead and hope that Aniyah and Lauren could keep it up that was Sumer could just barely jog around the track. It was time for the race. I got in my blocks, I was FREAKING OUT!  “Set,” the man said. “BANG!”- the gun went of I ran for my life. In the end our team got 3rd. I felt like I had let the team down for not getting us a bid enough lead. Aniyah and Lauren did, too. It was a big day for our team.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM • comment (1) • Reads 35 • Return to Blog List

I understand how you feel and I like how you gave a real life example.
Posted January 24, 2012 at 01:59 PM by • JW6