Marlie's Blog Page-

What is fools gold?

Fool’s gold is called Fool’s Gold because it fools people! The fake gold looks like gold but is worthless! Many people mistake this mineral for gold because of its shininess and yellowish color. During the gold rush many people went west to find gold but found Pyrite, another name for Fool’s Gold.  People can tell that Fool’s Gold is Pyrite because it can’t be scratched by a fingernail, but gold can. Gold has no smell while Pyrite will smell like rotten eggs when hit by a hammer. Pyrite is named after the Greek word puritēs which means ”on fire” because it will cause a spark when hit by something harder than it.  So the next time you go looking for gold don’t let Fool’s Gold fool you! 

Gold: A soft metal that is rare and valuable.

Pyrite:A hard mineral that is often mistaken for gold.

The Gold Rush: In the mid 1800s, thousands of people went west to find gold. 

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 01:34 PM • comment (4) • Reads 33 • Return to Blog List

MINECRAFT 1.2 IS OUT YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted March 1, 2012 at 05:12 PM by • Eli
HI ZACH!!???
Posted January 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM by • Buddy
Hello This is KD. another website to go to is widgetbox.com To get there go to the website or press my name.
Posted January 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM by • KD
I think buddy is doing it.
Posted January 24, 2012 at 08:02 AM by • Devan

I love playing soccer. I go to school at Voyager Academy. My favorite food is mac and cheese.