Hailey's Blog Posts...-

Why do cats like catnip?

Cats love catnip like dogs love bones. Catnip is actually part of the mint family. There is almost 250 speices of catnip in the world. Amazingly catnip can grow from two to three feet tall and it can have flowers from blue to pink. The leaves and stems contain an oil called nepetalactone cats rspond to this product fresh and ground up (which it usually is). Some cats are effected by this at all only 50 to 70 percent of cats respond to catnip. Even some bigcats go crazy over it.

• feline- Cat including bigcat and domestic cat.

.

• hallucinogenic- A drug or material that can make hallucinations.

• pheromone- a chemical that is made by a speices that effects the animals behavior

Vocabulary

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 08:49 AM • comment (1) • Reads 33 • Return to Blog List

Love the cat picture, and your COLORS! You pick the prettiest colors with light purple! :)
Posted February 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM by • Ava

On April 21st,2012 I am walking around Duke East Campus to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.donate to my cause