The Landmark Games 2012 will begin in February. At this point, all you need to do is think about what you think would be a good landmark. You're all studying different countries this year. Perhaps you have learned about an interesting landmark in your research.
Please add a comment to this blog article. Include your name and class section. I will NOT publish your comment, but collect them to share with your teachers. We want to know what landmark you think would be a good one. We will talk about Landmark Games in class, but here is a link that can get you started on your thinking. Try to solve some of last year's landmarks.
Here is a quick view of what grade 4 submitted last year. Any idea as to the landmarks? I know the answers to all four!
(6) ACS-Beirut (Team 4A-Mrs. Hoballah) firstname.lastname@example.org
1. It is a prehistoric landmark in the Northern hemisphere.
2. It is older than 2400 BC.
3. Many people visit this every year.
4. It took more than 1,000 years to build.
5. It is not triangular or a square or a pyramid.
6. It is not soft and not too rough.
7. It is bigger than an elephant and smaller than an amusement park.
8. It is in near 51 N latitude.
9. It is believed to be a place of religious significance.
(7) ACS-Beirut (Team 4B-Miss Arij) email@example.com
1. This landmark is located in the northern hemisphere.
2. It was built in 10th century.
3. Historical records indicate that 16 hereditary kings had ruled there.
4. Found on a hillside at about 300 meters in height.
5. Invaded by eight national armies.
6. It can be found at about 32 N Latitude.
7. The ruins (more than 300 chapels, 300 caves, 5 temples and palaces) can be found within an area less than the size of 35 football fields.
8. The wood was shipped in from Kashmir.
9. In the temples many lively murals and clay sculptures can be still seen.
(8) ACS-Beirut (Team 4C-Ms. Kristina) firstname.lastname@example.org
1. It is in the northern hemisphere.
2. 3.5 million people come here each year.
3. It was once the tallest of its kind in the world.
4. It can be found near 52° N latitude.
5. You can see for 25 miles in each direction at the top.
6. Each compartment holds 25 people.
7. This landmark is 135 meters high at its peak.
8. Since its opening, it has had 5 name changes.
9. It was built in 1999.
(9) ACS-Beirut (Team 4D)
1. Our landmark is a memorial to me. It is surrounded by trees and a bridge is nearby.
2. I worked in the vaudeville circuit.
3. I have been featured in many stories and films.
4. My mission began in 1925.
5. The landmark is in the northern hemisphere near 40 Latitude.
6. Five days and 7 hours are important numbers for me.
7. My monument, made of bronze, slate, and rock, is located in a famous park.
8. Before my death, I lived in Alaska, California, and Ohio.
9. Children and Fredrick Roth liked me a lot, I think.