Copyright (c) 2014 by Nikhil S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Nikhil S -- Blogmeister

Period 1/2 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Nikhil S

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Global Warming 01/22/12
Pistol Star 12/05/11

Global Warming is a climate change in the atmosphere of the Earth. It is a gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth’s atmosphere generally attributed to the green house effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, CFCs, and other pollutants.  It is believed by many people that humans are causing this change and are slowly killing the Earth because global warming hurts many people, animals, and plants. Many people also believe that humans are causing Polar Bears to go extinct because glaciers are melting because of global warming. 

The greenhouse effect makes the earth appropriate for people to live on. If we didn’t have greenhouse gasses, then either the world would be freezing or would be burning hot. Even though the greenhouse effect makes the earth able to have people living on it, if there are too many gases, the earth can get unusually warmer and many plants, animals, and people can die because of this! You definitely do not want this to happen! People and animals would die because there would be less food for animals, like cows and grass, and therefore less food for us! Everyone could die of hunger!

Greenhouse gasses are gasses that collect heat and light from the sun. If there are too many greenhouse gasses in the air, then the earth’s atmosphere would get too hot. People, animals, and plants would die because of the heat. Global warming makes the sea rise and cover low land islands. Global Warming also kills life in oceans.

I think humans are contributing to global warming but are not the main reason of global warming. Humans contribute because of the pollution they cause. Things such as electricity (light, T.V., using a hair dryer, etc.), riding in a car, using a microwave, etc. cause global warming. When garbage is burned in landfills, it sends greenhouse gasses into the air.

Many people simply believe that global warming is natural and the Earth is actually cooling. Many people believe polar bears will not go extinct and humans aren’t a big cause of global warming! It is natural for the climate to change and temperatures will fall not rise!

Which side are you in the argument? I believe that humans are not the only cause of global warming, but we can still help!

GO GREEN!!!!

Want to know more about global warming? TO DORK OUT Use:

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

I thought some of you might be wondering what global warming is and how it relates to YOU! Well you can watch these videos to find out! The first one is also on Mr. Ullrich's Blog! HAVE FUN!

[LINK]

Short video about Global Warming:

[LINK]

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 03:58 PM • comment (9) • Reads 119 • Return to Blog List

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your great comments on my blog! It was great hearing what all you had to say and all your opinions. I still believe that humans are the partial cause of global warming. The burning of fossil fuels contributes to global warming and theres no harm in helping! All your blogs were great too, and I loved reading them.
Posted February 7, 2012 at 05:19 PM by • Kush C
Heyy Kush!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I see that you disagreed with me a bit, but I can see your point. Global warming can just be a natural occuring cycle of our earth! It might not be entirely our fault!
Posted February 7, 2012 at 04:24 PM by • Melina H
Wow i love the picture of the polar bear. Seeing it stand on that little piece of ice made me start to feel sorry for them... but i know that we are not causing them to go extinct. I think it's more of an exaggeration. Anyway you might be right in the fact that humans are partially to blame for global warming.
Posted January 25, 2012 at 07:10 PM by • Crystal K
Nice post! yep...i also agree on how Humans aren't completely responsible for Global warming. And how its is natural for climate and temperature to change overtime!
Posted January 23, 2012 at 06:00 PM by • Anushka B
In my opinion I think that Global Warming is natural. We have gone through heating and cooling in the past and why should this heating be any different. In a few years everything will go back to normal.

-Milan
Posted January 22, 2012 at 08:03 PM by • Milan S
Hi Kush, I dont agree with you. I feel that humans are not just a part of global warming but are a major part of it. The climate is changing rapidly, and humans are contributing to it. The earth's climate has had a history of warming and cooling but, we are accelerating the change.
Posted January 22, 2012 at 06:28 PM by • Ishan H
Kush, I really like the polar bear picture. I felt so bad for the polar bear. It will drown, if we don't help him! Perhaps humans are not contributing to global warming all together. But I think we are part of the issue. I also watched the videos you put up and I like them too!
Posted January 22, 2012 at 02:29 PM by • Annabel L
I also believe that us humans are not the main cause of global warming, but we are contributing to it. Ever since the 1900's, there has been reports of temperature increase. Probably because of the industrial period?
Posted January 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM by • Daniya M
This is very good Kush! I put that we should plant trees, buy high-efficiency models of electronics, leave our car at home for a couple of days a week, and reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Posted January 20, 2012 at 04:55 PM by • Joshua S