Copyright (c) 2014 by PurpleRockStar Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
PurpleRockStar -- Blogmeister

PurpleRockStar

We are Mr. Brune's 5th Grade at Mamaroneck Avenue School in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

by PurpleRockStar teacher: MAS 5B 2011 - 2012

Never Give Up
The story "the dot" is about a girl named Vashti who thought she couldn’t draw. Then her art teacher told her to draw a line and see where it takes her. After, the art teacher told her to sign it. Vashti kept practicing drawing dots. She drew all kinds of dots: big, small, and all different colors. Finally, Vashti realized that she could draw well. At the end of the story, a little boy told her that she was a great artist. He wished that he could draw like her. So, Vashti gave him a blank paper and told him the same thing her teacher told her, “Make a mark.”

When I reread “the dot” I realized it was all about never saying never. Vashti said she couldn’t draw, but she never really tried to draw. Then, the art teacher said to make a dot. When she first made a dot she was happy, and she made a lot more dots. Vashti practiced drawing and got better at it. So, “the dot” is really all about never giving up.

"The dot" reminded me of learning how to play the clarinet for the first time. I thought I was bad at playing it, but I didn’t stop practicing. By the end of 4th grade, I was pretty good at it. This is just how Vashti felt when she thought she couldn’t draw. I learned to never give up.

It’s important to keep practicing when you’re learning something new. Do not get discouraged, and just keep practicing and never give up.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 09:11 AM • comment • Reads 44 • see all articles

Subscribe with Bloglines
i-Prints 05/11
Miro 05/11
Final Pioneer Diary Entry 05/10
Poetry 04/24
Inquiry 03/25
Return to the Moon 03/11
Literary Essay 01/12
Self Portraits 10/21
Sculpture 12/02
Revision 11/22
School Report 10/31
Personal Narrative 10/26
A True Story From Your Life 10/21
Independent Writing 10/21