Prejudice can be found anywhere, from the most unlikely places to the likeliest places, from school, to a new park!  One thing we all know, though, is this: prejudice hurts people.  In the story we read, The Scholarship Jacket, Martha had earned the ‘scholarship jacket’ because she got the highest grades for 8 years.  The principle wanted to give the jacket to someone else, though, because her father was a very influential and important person in the economy, and to the school.  (-SPOILER ALERT!!!-) In the end, Marta did get the jacket, (-spoiler alert ended-) still, do you see how that could hurt someone’s feelings?  That is what prejudice does- it hurts feelings, reputations, and in Martha’s case, dreams!  It can affect lots of other things, too.  Don’t do prejudice.  It’s mean.  It usually only leads to trouble.  And it affects other people, NOT in a good way.  Do what is right, and fair, and don’t let power or money or anything else get in the way. 

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 03:05 PM • comment (4) • Reads 49 • Return to Blog List

really good I think that it was really descriptive. Nice job
Posted January 13, 2012 at 09:13 AM by • JW
I think your post was very good , because it was explained very good. I like how you included the book that we read.
Posted January 13, 2012 at 09:09 AM by • AH7
Great job! I thought that you had great details on why we shouldn't show prejudice toward other people!
Posted January 13, 2012 at 08:18 AM by • LH6
Good Job!
Posted January 13, 2012 at 08:17 AM by • KG