So what does loss means to me?
Well to me loss means different emotions like: sadness, anger, depression, and maybe a little awkwardness, but what does loss really mean?
Well loss means
1. The act of losing.
2. Something that is lost.
3. The amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue.
4. Gradual decline in amount or activity.
5. The disadvantage that results from losing something.
6. Military personnel lost by death or capture.
7. The experience of losing a loved one.
8. The fact or process of losing something or someone: "avoiding loss of time"
9. The state or feeling of grief when deprived of someone or something of value: "a terrible sense of loss".
A detailed definition of loss is,
The disappearance of something cherished, such as a person, possession or property.
The definition of loss also includes
"The act or instance of losing; the failure to keep or get something valued; the harm or suffering caused by losing or being lost; losses a.k.a. casualties occurring during wartime; destruction; and a measurable reduction in some substance or process."
Loss is a common experience common experience that can be encountered many times during a lifetime; it does not discriminate for age, race, sex, education, economic status, religion, culture or nationality.
Most people have experienced some type of personal or professional loss at some point in their life as a byproduct of living.
Other Types of Losses: Primary, Secondary, Major, Minor, Psychological, Psychosocial, Symbolic, and Disenfranchised
Article posted January 11, 2012 at 03:47 PM •
comment • Reads 118
see all articles
Latest 10 Comments:
Conditions of Use