Zach blog-

Flip 05/14/12
Email 05/03/12
War World 2 03/29/12
Who is Uncle Sam? 03/13/12
My Poem Thoughts 03/01/12
For Sale 02/08/12
What is fools gold? 01/23/12
Netherlands 01/06/12
Book 12/07/11
Apply Your Intelligence 11/16/11
Smartville 10/31/11
How I am smart 10/19/11
Illinois 10/05/11
Book 09/28/11
Foods 09/18/11
sleeping 09/16/11
zach 09/15/11

Felize Navidad! That's Colombia's traditional Christmas greeting! The tree type is a traditional. The tree could be lights, ribbons, homemade ornaments, fabric dolls, and even baskets of candy! 90% of the people in Colombia are Roman Catholic. That's a lot of people that celebrate Christmas! On December 7th (in the evening), Colombians get candles and outline the streets, sidewalks, and parks. They set up Christmas trees on December 16th, and do prayers untill Christmas day. Colombians go and sing villancicos (Christmas carols) with friends and family as a Colombia tridition. Lots of Colombians go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve. "El Nino Jesus"  brings presents to the Colombian children. Instead of under the tree, he puts them at the foot of their beds. After that day, the Christmas seoson is over. I wouldn't mind having Chistmas in Colombia, it's just like mine, but I like theirs a little bit better. The reason being is because Colombians have lots more traditions that they do then my family. It would be cool to try out different traditions from different places.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM • comment • Reads 44 • Return to Blog List