Copyright (c) 2014 by HM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HM -- Blogmeister

HM Blog

3H 2011-12

by HM

teacher: Sue Halbert

Community Comparison

Haddonfield vs. Winnipeg

By Gracie

Today I will be sharing information about Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada and my home town Haddonfield, NJ. I found information for both places.  I Skyped with Ms. Nairn’s 2nd grade class in Winnipeg. I think Winnipeg and Haddonfield have some differences and some similarities. You’ll have to find out yourself.

I will tell you what similarities Winnipeg and Haddonfield have. One of similarities is that Winnipeg is suburb just like Haddonfield. In Winnipeg the kids like soccer and football so do the kids in Haddonfield. Haddonfield has some ponds and Winnipeg also has some ponds. Those are some similarities but there are many more.

Now it’s time to talk about the differences between Winnipeg and Haddonfield. One of differences is that Winnipeg has cold winters and short cool summers and Haddonfield has hot summers and mild winters. Haddonfield’s most popular sport teams are Phillies (baseball), Eagles (football), and Flyers (hockey). Winnipeg likes the Winnipeg Jets (hockey) and the Blue Bombers (football). Winnipeg is part of the Center time zone, Haddonfield is part of the Eastern time zone. Those are some differences between Haddonfield and Winnipeg but there is many more.

I thought Winnipeg and Haddonfield had some similarities and some differences but now I think that they have more differences. I enjoyed doing this project because we Skyped with new people and learned about different places. I hope that we will do it again.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 09:28 AM • comment (2) • Reads 126 • Return to Blog List

Ilike your poster Bye
Posted January 23, 2012 at 02:27 PM by • EF
I love your poster! Do you like mine?:)
Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:42 PM by • CG

I’m a third grader and Ms. Halbert is awesome. My favorite sports are soccer and basketball because they are really fun sports to play. My favorite place is Avalon, New Jersey. There is a shop called Avalon Freeze and that shop has awesome ice cream. I love Asian noodles and not a lot of people eat them. My favorite game is pay day. It is a money game but you use fake money. My favorite book is monster High: The Goulgh Next door and that is all about my blog!!