Copyright (c) 2014 by MI Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MI -- Blogmeister

Bloggler's Adventure

3H 2011-12

by MI

teacher: Sue Halbert

Community Comparison Haddonfield vs. Winnipeg

By: Maddie

Today I will be telling you all about my research about Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and my home town Haddonfield, N.J.  I got a lot of information by visiting websites about Winnipeg and Haddonfield. I also Skyped with Ms. Nairn’s class from Winnipeg. I found that Winnipeg has differences and similarities compared with Haddonfield. I think they are the same and different from each other.

When I did my research on Winnipeg and Haddonfield I found that there are many similarities. For example, both towns are suburbs. Another similarity is that we both live on planet Earth. For recreation…… both towns like kickball!    

When I did my research on Winnipeg and Haddonfield I found a lot of differences. For example, in Winnipeg the native animals are polar bears and in Haddonfield the native animals are birds and squirrels. Another difference is the landforms in Haddonfield. In Haddonfield there are ponds and trees and in Winnipeg there are mountains, trees, lakes, and rivers. In Winnipeg the time zone is different than the time zone in Haddonfield. In Winnipeg the time zone is Central and in Haddonfield the time zone is Eastern. And those are some ways Haddonfield is different from Winnipeg.

I had a lot of fun working on this project. I think that I’ve learned a lot about Canada and even more about Haddonfield. I think that it was really cool when we got to Skype with Ms. Nairn’s class. I still think Winnipeg and Haddonfield have similarities and differences.    
Article posted January 6, 2012 at 09:23 AM • comment (2) • Reads 129 • Return to Blog List

Loved your report - very informative!!!!
Posted January 25, 2012 at 09:57 AM by • Gwen
WOW! I liked your post it was cool.
Posted January 20, 2012 at 02:01 PM by • mitchell

Hi! I’m a third grader at Tatem Elementary School and I am Nine years old. My favorite sport is basketball and my favorite position is low post and my favorite food is pizza with cheese and I love chocolate ice cream. I like to ride my bike and play wii. My best subject is PE and toy story 3 is my favorite movie. I also have a really cute black and brown puppy.