Copyright (c) 2014 by KM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KM -- Blogmeister

KM's Blog

3H 2011-12

by KM

teacher: Sue Halbert

Community Comparison Essay Haddonfield V.S. United Kingdom

By: Hailey

Today I will be sharing about my research on Haddonfield and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom. We looked up information about Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom by using blogs, websites, and I even Skyped with a class from United Kingdom and it was Mr. Humble’s class which was a fifth grade . Some of our research was very hard to do because you had to read a lot of stuff and it’s very hard to memorize things and then write it down on a piece of paper. My home town is Haddonfield, New Jersey. In Haddonfield, New Jersey, there are a lot of differences because the words in United Kingdom are different than ours in Haddonfield, New Jersey.

I found that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, United Kingdom are really different. Some of the differences I compared with Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom were the time, sports, and when it is breakfast, lunch, and dinner because United Kingdom is very different for doing the things the way we do it in New Jersey. In United Kingdom, they call dinner: supper, and lunch: dinner. They also call soccer: football. The time there is like 4 hours behind us. Cambria and New Jersey are really different.

I found that Haddonfield, New Jersey and Burneside, Cambria, United Kingdom have a little bit of similarities because there are more different things that United Kingdom does. In the United Kingdom, some similarities are their clothes and recreation because they because they play sports that are the same as ours in Haddonfield, New Jersey. United Kingdom has also played games that are exactly like New Jersey. For example, football which is soccer, United Kingdom plays it even though it’s a different name but you can still play the same. The clothes are the same because the kids in the United Kingdom wear rainbow colors. These are ways that New Jersey and United Kingdom are similar.

I really enjoyed when I Skyped with the kids who live in the United Kingdom. It was really fun because you could learn about their country.  

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 09:20 AM • comment (4) • Reads 138 • Return to Blog List

YOU ARE AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!HAILY!!!!!!!!!! SAME AS YOUR POSTER.
Posted January 20, 2012 at 04:40 PM by • Dylan
WOW yours is awesome I wish I can do that like you so i can do mine better.
Posted January 18, 2012 at 06:57 PM by • LC
WOW yours is awesome I wish I can do that like you so I can do mine better.
Wow your poster is amazing.How did you do it.
Posted January 18, 2012 at 01:31 PM by • JB

Hi! I am in third grade and I am 8 years old. My favorite food is tacos. My favorite sports are: field hockey and soccer my favorite position is goalie. My favorite colors are blue and purple. My favorite book is The BFG. And my favorite movie is Despicable Me. Thanks for reading my blog!