Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013) Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013) -- Blogmeister

Grade 5 (2012-2013)-

You're 5th Graders Now!

by Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2012-2013)

Create an Avatar
Create Search Stories
ES Lab is Online
ES Lab's Wiki
ACS Official Website
Edmodo
Read and Enjoy

Boy, it was short, wasn't it? We got out of school at noon on Dec. 21st. I flew out that same night. Guess who I met in the airport? Guess who was on the same flight I was on from Beirut to Paris? And then, on the airplane, I found another ACS teacher sitting just two rows in front of me. So there we were three ACS teachers; one was heading to England; one was heading to Guadelupe, and one was heading to the US.

I arrived at my mom's house in Indiana in the evening of December 22nd, after three flights (BEY/CDG/JFK/IND). It was fun to have a few days before Christmas to do all my shopping! On Christmas Day, I spent the morning with my mom, and then my sister and I headed to the airport. I had an afternoon flight to catch to California, so I could spend a few days with two of my sons. December 29th at 12:38 AM, I left San Francisco to return to Indiana. There was a little problem in Minneapolis -- the connecting flight to Indianapolis was cancelled, but after a four hour delay, on I went. The last two days I did visiting and packing. And finally, on January 1st, I started my trip back to Beirut, but this time from Indianapolis to Chicago, Abu Dhabi, and arriving in Beirut on January 2nd at 11:30 PM.

It really is a small world. While connecting in Chicago, I ran into Mrs. Crook (an ACS high school teacher) and her children (1st and 5th graders). Actually, going back and forth through lines for this and that, I ran into them three separate times! I forgot to tell you about another small world run in. When I was standing in line in New York to go through security, I saw an ACS 2nd grade teacher; she and her husband were hurrying to their next flight.

So, what did you do during your winter vacation?

5A
5B
5C
5D

Through my 30 plus years of teaching, I have taught grades 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. Now I am the technology facilitator (computer teacher) for grades 1 through 5. I love my job!
Visit ASB Un-Plugged