Tye's Totally Terrific Blog!!!!!!-

France

The  Christmas Season  for France starts on Saint Martin's day. And ends on January 6. They have a big feast on January 6, called Epiphany. One tradition is called the Yule Log tradition. It's when the family goes and picks a big Christmas tree and cuts it down  together. The family cicles the log three times and places it in the fire place. They take a glass of wine with oil and salt and pour it on the log. I think its strange that right when they cut down the tree they take it home and burn it. But I know traditions are differrent in different states.  It might seem weird but it's cool to learn new things!

Article posted January 4, 2012 at 09:32 AM • comment • Reads 35 • Return to Blog List

My name is tye and i like to hang out with my friends. I really really love to read. Whenever I have free time I read! My favorite color is lime green and my favorite movie and book is the Hunger Games. Thats all!