King Tut is one of the world's most famous pharaohs, but a lot of people don't know why. So I did an interview on him, and this is what he said:
1. What was your Father's name? What was your mother's name? My father's name was Akhenaten, first known as Amenhotep. My mother's name was Kiya.
2. Why are you so famous? When was your tomb robbed? I am so famous because my tomb was in almost perfect condition. My tomb had been robbed once very soon after I was put in, but everything lost was replaced as soon as possible.
3. When did you become pharaoh? What number pharaoh were you to inherit the throne at a young age? I became pharaoh during ancient Egypt's New Kingdom era, about 3,300 years ago. When I inherited the throne I was the 18th dynasty pharaoh.
4. Why are you the best known pharaoh? I am the best known pharaoh because of the wealth of treasures-including a solid gold death mask-found in my surprise discovery of my intact tomb in 1922.
5. Where is your tomb located? My tomb is located in Valley of the Kings.
6. What was your first action as pharaoh? Why did you move away from the Armarna religion? My first action as pharaoh was to move away from the Armarna religion because my father's belief in one god, the Aten, had proved to be quite unpopular with the people.
Thank you for listening to my interview on King Tut.
King Tut One
About King Tut
National Geographic King Tut
Tut-Anch-Amon by malavoda