Copyright (c) 2014 by KD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KD -- Blogmeister

Karee's AWESOME blog! :)

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by KD

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

There once lived a little girl who was not like the others. She was only 2 inches tall. Her name is the SNG obviously, which stands for The Small Nice Girl. The name does describe her correctly. She is a very nice girl that nobody ever talks to. So one day she decided to look for somebody to talk to and to become friends with. Nobody seemed to notice her because she was way too small. She had to figure out a way to distract the people around her. So she sat on the edge of a stair, thinking about how to distract the people. Then she had a great idea. The SNG was going to cause a crash with the cars. So the SNG got up and started to run towards the street. She stopped at the curb and said, “I hope this works because I want a real friend to have fun with.” The SNG took a deep breath and ran across the street. She made it to the other side. No crash. “What do I do now? My plan didn’t work. Nothing happened, no crash, what do I do?” The SNG thought. Then she had another idea, a new idea. A smarter idea. “Maybe I can hold something up really high while I cross the street so it will cause a bigger distraction.” The SNG thought. So she looked around for something to hold up to distract the people in the cars. Then she saw a stick. Perfect for her little body to pick up. The SNG was going to use the stick to distract the cars. So the SNG grabbed the stick and got ready to cross until someone said, “hey, are you a real person? You are very small.” The SNG didn’t know who that person was talking to. But the SNG was guessing the person was talking to her because the SNG is very small. “Are you talking to me?” the SNG asked. “Sure I am. Why are you so small?” the girl asked as she walked toward the SNG. “Hmm, I don’t know. Do you want to go somewhere else to talk? It’s too loud by the street.” The SNG asked. “Sure. Any ways, what is your name?” the girl asked as she picked the SNG in her hands. “Wow! You really want to know my name? Nobody ever wanted to know my name! My name is SNG. That stands for the Small Nice Girl.” The SNG answered. “Cool! My name is Kate. That stands for always friends.” Kate said nicely. The SNG and Kate became friends officially. “So, are you hungry? I’ll get you a burger from McDonalds.” Kate offered. “Yeah, I am very hungry. What’s McDonalds?” The SNG asked. “What? You never had been to McDonalds?” Kate asked. “Well, no because I am too small and I don’t have money.” The SNG said. “Oh, I see. Let’s go right now then and you can get whatever you want there.” Kate offered. They went off to McDonalds and got what they wanted. But the SNG got what she really wanted, a real friend.

The End!
Article posted December 19, 2011 at 01:23 PM • comment (1) • Reads 60 • Return to Blog List

Wow, I never knew what would happen next in the story. You should write more stories like this one.
Posted January 26, 2012 at 06:47 PM by • Carlo

My name is Karee. I like to play basketball with friends. I also like to go biking. I am a great actor as well. Also, I love to read! My favorite book is Sideways Stories from Wayside school by Louis Sachar. Its a great book!!! That's a few things about me!!!