Copyright (c) 2014 by Mackenzie J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mackenzie J -- Blogmeister

Kenzies Blog-

by Mackenzie J teacher: Melanie Transue

December is here!

December Freewrite

It's time for a snowball fight!!  Finally December is here which means winter is almost here and Christmas is in a few weeks! You know its winter when the leaves have all dropped from their trees. The days are getting shorter, and its getting colder. When winter officially comes there will be snow on the ground, ice on the lakes and a cool breeze in the air. Winter is a little kid’s favorite time of the year there is all sorts of fun things to do like sleigh riding down steep hills. When I was younger my brothers and sisters made huge snowballs the size of round bales. To make the giant snow balls we would roll smaller snowballs in our yard and then push them down the big hill in front of our house. If they didn’t break apart they would be the size of hay bale.

In December everyone around is getting ready for their winter holiday like Christmas. Getting the tree around, hanging the lights, and knowing the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas is a time of giving to others and helping those who need help the most. Every year around Christmas time we make cookies and decorate our Christmas tree. We also would go Christmas caroling to different people’s houses. When we go Christmas caroling we go to elderly people homes with our church, sing and give them baskets of food. I think that is one of my favorite things about winter the Christmas spirit!

http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/winter-solstice-countdown-clock

Article posted December 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM • comment • Reads 37 • Return to Blog List