Copyright (c) 2014 by K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
K -- Blogmeister

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by K teacher: Derek Milloy

Vow of Silence

On November 30th 2011, we had a school event. It was the vow of silence, the vow of silence is this event that you have to be silent for the people in certain places that doesn't have the right to speak up and say what they want to say. When school started, we had math. The work time was very efficient, I got all lot of work done. At reccess and lunch I  failed to be silent. It's so hard not to talk to people when they are talking to you or asking you a question and you can't talk back. At buddies I became silent again, but it was hard because when  my  buddy got stuck on a word, she would ask us and we would write the pronunciation, like seashore,we would write see sh or.

It made me realised that I'm lucky to be in a country that has the freedom and right to give a speech and make choices.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 01:15 PM • comment • Reads 133 • Return to Blog List