Copyright (c) 2014 by KR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KR -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by KR

Language Arts Culminating Story-

Prologue-We run through the forest trying to elude the monster with countless fire

breathing heads pursuing us, our adrenaline going higher and higher when we hear

it scream in frustration. We get to camp and yell for backup and brace ourselves for t

he worst. This will be by far the worst thing we have ever encountered.

Chapter 1-Althea

Alright, let’s go back a bit. I am one of the lead huntresses in the group know as the

Hunters of Artemis. You might be thinking, what in the world are you talking about,

Artemis and her hunters are a bunch of myths. But we aren’t. We are absolutely

flesh and blood, you can’t get much more reality out of us. We go around protecting

the humans that are bout as smart as bricks-hey have no idea how much is going on

outside their world- they think they are so smart but they have no idea how little

they know. The criminals they fight are nothing near the monsters that we take on

every day. One of those monsters is known as the hydra-this beast constantly causes

mankind and us tons of trouble and sometimes threatens the entire human race. Of

course this thing has to take our leader captive-makes everything so much easier.

Chapter 2-Clarrissa

Artemis goes off hunting and ends up captured by that green fire-breathing freak.

Leave it to her. Althea gets all emotional and I am sitting there with an eyebrow

raised at the stupidity of this whole thing. Being who we are, we of course have to go

on an overdramatic and somewhat superficial mission. We pack up some disgusting

backup powdered food in a bag in case there is no game around and head off near

the hydra’s lair. I thought we would just trudge over there, kick some hydra

butt(since SOME LEADER couldn’t!) and fetch Artemis-but these are the hunters of

Artemis of course this doesn’t happen. The first thing we see when we get to the

woods on the way to the lair is a huge manticore. This trip is going to be incredibly

harder than I thought.

Chapter 3-Alexandra

We go into the woods and a huge manticore emerges from the foliage. Of course

Althea stars screaming her head off and Clarrissa rolls her eyes and groans like she

is bored to death. We all pull out our bows and try to figure out way to take it down.

We can’t get much closer to it in fear of getting stung by its deadly and poisonous

scorpion tail. The lion claws don’t make things much better. I search my

surroundings for a logical strategy. There aren’t many options and most of them are

impossible. It seems as if Artemis and her hunters may be in much more trouble

than what was expected.

Chapter 4-Celina

The manticore is almost impossible to elude-our lives are in serious jeopardy.  

Althea is shaking in her boots and Clarissa is says a few not so nice words at the

incredible and monstrous beast in front of us for making this trip so much harder.

Bold as she can be, she marches up behind it and shoots it in the back and it

dissolves into dust. I don’t think Althea will ever be the same.

Chapter 5-Daphne

We march on with a few minor disturbances but they all are taken care of thanks to

Alexandra and Celina. Althea kills a horde of chimeras, but it nearly scars her for life.

We finally reach our destination. We see a motion in the bushes. Our real opponent

has arrived.

Chapter 6-Calista

It is pretty degrading thinking you are tall and good and then you meet a hydra.

Those things are so big that the biggest man would be the size of its pinky toe. These

are what I call drastic measures. The situation gets more and more hectic-Althea

gets a sort of look that she is going to faint, Alexandra starts to declare some

pretty defiant things at the monster and its lofty demeanor, and Daphne tries to

vacate the woods out of fear. Big and ugly sees her and clasps her in his claw.

Chapter 7-Ebony

With Daphne detained by that monster, she can’t really help the situation, but it

would be cool if she could. This monster has done too much, forcing Artemis into his

hostile custody. She cuts a scared Daphne from its grasp with a surprisingly deft

motion, and Gia cuts one of the hydra heads off-never thought that would cause

more problems or more heads in this case. Alexandra cuts another head off and

Clarissa sends a flaming arrow straight for the stump. Apparently, this works.

Different, but I can go with it. We run through the forest trying to elude the monster

with countless fire breathing heads pursuing us, our adrenaline going higher and

higher when we hear it scream in frustration. We get to camp and yell for backup

and brace ourselves for the worst. This will be by far the worst thing we have ever

encountered.  Althea took a tentative step towards Artemis and cuts her free.

She does not look so great after the persecution she has gone through. We use the

cut off head shoot flaming arrow method and finally take down the hydra. Looks like

things are back to normal-for now.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 10:27 AM • comment • Reads 792 • Return to Blog List