Greek is one of the most interesting things I have learned about in humanities. I think it is amazing how the Spartan women have the most rights of all the city states. It was also cool to learn about how the Trojan War all started because the girl went back to Troy and the Greeks were not happy. Part of what we learned was about the rankings. The top are the leaders. Then come Farmers and other men who work out in farms. Next are the women and children. Later come the people who were not born in the city state. Finally, come the slaves. I like the fact that people who are not born in the city state are lower.
Right now in humanities we are simulating this. We have groups and each group is a different city state. We all earn points for doing good things. At the end of each day we spin for our "fates." These are sayings form the gods that give or take away points. Recently we had to restart our points because someone erased it but it is going great! I love this unit so much!
Article posted December 14, 2011 at 09:47 PM • comment • Reads 45 • Return to Blog List