Copyright (c) 2014 by Redhot Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Redhot -- Blogmeister

Redhot's Blog

2011-2012

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Redhot

teacher: Michael La Marr

California’s History

In my opinion all of the fights with the Californios were the most important event in California’s history. Californios were Mexican men who lived in California while it was part of Mexico. The Californios were both Mexican soldiers and sort of policemen. The fights the United States had with Mexicans were extremely important and helped our state progress.

The fights against the Mexicans were important to California’s history. The reason I think this is because they helped the United States obtain California. They helped because the Mexicans, after a while, got scared of the American soldiers and gave up. The reason many Mexicans got so scared of the Americans was because they had more weapons, soldiers, and ammunition. It’s true that they were at war, but the United States Army was stronger and dominated the Mexicans. Once that happened, the Americans and Mexicans made the Treaty of Guadalupe. The treaty stated that the United States would receive California if the paid the Mexican government $15 million 525,000 square miles. I think that the fights against the Californios helped our state progress.
Article posted December 13, 2011 at 12:25 PM • comment (1) • Reads 383 • Return to Blog List

cool!
Posted March 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM by • em n m

Hi! The first thing you should know about me is that I'm a ten year old girl. My favorite book is Catching Fire (yeah Hunger Games!). My favorite color is, definetly, purple! And, in my free time I LOVE to swim!