Greece!!!
I am going to talk about my fathers home country Greece!! In Greece, the countries capital is Athens. A special cultural tradition to the Greeks is that on Easter, family and friends gather for a party and play games, and we roast a full lamb. More facts are that in Greece, 94 % of the people are Greek! Also, many Greeks are very well known for their mythology and mathematical principles. One last fact is that I am half Greek!
Now, I am going to talk about what we have been doing in Humanities. At the beginning of our Greek unit, we got assigned our city-states. Megara, Corinth, Sparta, Athens, and Argos. The city-state I received was Megara. Megara is known for its known for its great mathematical abilities. In Humanities, we have to escort the women to their seats. Also, we have to memorize the greak alphabet in a nursery song way!!!
Article posted December 12, 2011 at 05:42 PM • comment • Reads 32 • Return to Blog List