MY Blog not yours-

Greece
Greece was an amazing civilization. The Greeks consisted of city states which were basically countries that inter acted a lot but each had its own governments. The types of governments were the monarchy, which had a king or queen, or a democracy, which had multiple citizens as leaders. They voted the people into office. There was also a great mythical war called the Trojan War. The Trojan War was the story of Helen, the wife of a Greek king, being seduced by the Trojan prince Paris. The Greeks set out to get her back by launching a lot of boats to Troy. The Greeks laid siege to troy for many years but couldn’t penetrate the great walls of Troy. So the Greeks resorted to trickery. They offered the Trojans a great wooden horse with a few Greek soldiers inside. In the middle of the night the Greeks came out and opened the gates. Troy was razed to the ground. That is what I know about ancient Greece.

Mrs. Gagnon is teaching us about ancient Greece. She has taught us the Greek alphabet. In the book we learned about polises and an aristocracy. Right now we have not done much but the games are coming and I am getting ready. My group is Sparta and we will decimate any competition. THIS IS SPARTA=http:// That is what we are doing in humanities.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 09:17 PM • comment (1) • Reads 38 • see all articles

I'm Awesome.