Greeks have influenced our world in many ways. One big impact that they had was making the polis. This let different city-states have different religion, rulers, and beliefs. They stood up for themselves and risked their lives for their towns and fought for what was right. The Greeks have many ways that they have influenced our culture today.
Stimulating the Greek culture in social studies is fun. In class we have been separated into different city-states. Each city-state competes for points. This includes art, Olympics, and many more. One task that we had to do is put the Greek alphabet to a familiar tune. Now, we have to memorize and recite it next class. At the end of each class period we roll the dice to see the gods’ fate for us. All together this is a great way to learn about the Greeks.
Article posted December 9, 2011 at 08:17 PM • comment • Reads 57 • Return to Blog List