I know a decent amount about Greece. Right now, Greece is in a bad economical spot but I don’t know many details about that. I know that Ancient Greece was a superpower of the ancient world and conquered a lot of their known world. Alexander the Great was the leader that brought Ancient Greece to its peak. Greece has a famous alphabet that I know. Ancient Greece also had a famous polytheism/mythology. The Roman Empire had virtually the exact same Gods but with different names. The Greek Empire ended up falling just like any other empire that seemed like it would rule forever.

In Humanities class, we are split into city-states by table-group. The city states are Argos, Corinth, Sparta, Megara, and Athens. I am in Argos (Hoo! Hoo! Argos!). We will be competing in different events for points. I take that back, the word “competing” would imply competition(Don't worry, I'm just kidding. There will definately be competition). These events will be things like tortilla javelin and tongue twisters at witch I have been called, and I quote, “prodigetic.” We are also learning the Greek Alphabet, which, like I said, is something that I already know, and putting it to a tune. The only hard part is putting it to “Jingle Bells” (the tune my group decided on) when it’s already to its own tune in my head.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 07:51 PM • comment (1) • Reads 54 • Return to Blog List

GO TEAM ARGOS
Posted March 9, 2012 at 09:38 AM by • TylerP