Copyright (c) 2014 by M Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
M -- Blogmeister

by M

7 Facts 09/02/11

Greece is still a mystery to me. I know that the Greeks were polytheists and started the Olympic Games. In addition, I know that Greece was made of city-states. I’m excited to learn more!
In class, we are doing a Greek simulation. Each group of desks is a city-state. Every day, the city-states earn points by being prepared, following instructions, and winning events like the javelin throw and acting out a play. The catch is that the city-states can lose points too. Misbehaving or doing the opposite of the things that will gain points cause points to be lost. At the end of each period, a person from each city-state rolls the dice for what we call “the fates”. This time, the Gods decide how many points the members of the city-state gain or lose. The class ends and the men escort the ladies out.
Article posted December 8, 2011 at 05:58 PM • comment • Reads 82 • Return to Blog List